- Chapel (for Civil and Nikah ceremonies only)
- Dining room with access to kitchen (for wedding receptions, parties etc)
- Conference room (for wedding receptions, parties, conferences etc)
Amongst the hiring of the Halls, there are many other items available to hire for your event such as tables, chairs, cutlery, crockery, table linen and tea and coffee set up.
No, we only provide the tables and chairs as they are.
You can reach our estates team via email at [email protected] or you can call us on 0121 446 5047 (extension 3).
Yes, we have the facilities to connect your devices for you to play your music and we also have a microphone system available with audio and video relays across both the dining room, conference room and the chapel.
We have around 10-15 parking spaces available on the AMI grounds, but there is also free street parking available right outside on Weoley Park Rd and Shenley Fields Rd.
The kitchen is included in the dining room hire. However, if you are not hiring out the dining room but would like to hire the kitchen only, there is an additional cost.
- The capacity for the chapel is 130 people in a theatre style set
- Dining room capacity is up to 120 people in a banquet style setting with round tables and chairs, and up to 150 people in a theatre style set-up.
- Conference room has a capacity of up to 80 people in a banquet style and 100 people in a theatre
Once you book your event you will pay a 50% deposit of the total invoice provided, and then the remainder of the amount is paid one week before the event.
A confirmed booking shall only be deemed to be cancelled when a written notification of the cancellation is sent via email.
- b) Where a Customer cancels the provision of the Services, in addition to loss of the Deposit, the Customer shall pay to Al-Mahdi Institute the following charges in respect of the Services;
- Less than 14 days prior to the Function – 100% of the pre-booked
- Between 14-30 days prior to Function – 50% of the pre-booked
We do not provide catering, however there are caterers that we can recommend – please scroll down for more info.
Yes, we do have availability for weekday weddings, but you must be aware that on the weekdays mornings and afternoons there may be AMI staff and students on the premises, whereas in the evenings it will be quieter, and it is unlikely that staff or students will be around.
If you have booked either one of the Chapel, Dining room or Conference room then, access to the gardens is provided free of charge. If you wanted access purely to the gardens only and nothing else there would be a charge.
Yes, you can call in and arrange a time to come and view the premises between Mondays to Fridays from 9am – 5pm.
We do not provide these services, however we can recommend suppliers to you – please scroll down for more info.
No, we do not allow alcohol on the premises.
For a civil ceremony you need to go to the registry office and apply for a notice of marriage up to 3 months in advance of the wedding date before booking your ceremony at AMI.
For the Nikah, you will need to have evidence of your civil marriage, or you can book both your civil and Nikah at AMI.
We will need a copy of passport for proof of identity and a copy of your notice of marriage document.
AMI reserves the right to charge additional fees where events overrun.
If we cancel your event or it is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances such as Covid etc, you will receive a full return of your deposit and any other payment you may have made.
Hired equipment must always remain the property of Al-Mahdi Institute. The Customer shall not sell, or offer for sale, assign, mortgage or pledge the equipment or any part or parts thereof and the Customer will keep the equipment in their own possession for their own use and will not allow any lien or other encumbrance to be created in respect of the same.